DATA RETENTION POLICY
The Garden Productions LLC seeks to ensure that it retains only data necessary to effectively conduct its program activities and work in fulfillment of its mission. The need to retain data varies widely with the type of data and the purpose for which it was collected.
Garden Productions LLC strives to ensure that data is only retained for the period of ONE YEAR after the account has been deleted. This is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and is fully deleted after the above period of one year. This policy sets forth Garden Productions LLC’s guidelines on data retention and is to be consistently applied throughout the organization’s scope. This policy covers all data collected by the Garden Productions LLC and is stored on Garden Productions LLC owned or leased systems, media and in Cloud. It applies to both data collected and held electronically (Name, Email Address and Purchase History).
The need to retain certain information may be mandated by federal or local law, federal regulations and legitimate business purposes such as Audit, settlement of any Subscription creation cancellation, and renewal related issues.
Reasons for Data Retention
Garden Productions LLC retains only that data that is necessary to effectively conduct its program activities, fulfill its mission and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Reasons for data retention include:
• Providing an ongoing service to the data subject (such as Audit, settlement of any Subscription creation cancellation, and renewal related issues.)
• Compliance with applicable laws and regulations associated with financial and programmatic reporting by Garden Productions LLC to its funding agencies and other donors • Compliance with applicable labor, tax and immigration laws
• Other regulatory requirements
• Security incident or other investigation
• Intellectual property preservation
Garden Productions LLC seeks to avoid duplication in data storage whenever possible, though there may be instances in which for programmatic or other business reasons it is necessary for data to be held in more than one place. This policy applies to all data in Garden Production LLC’s possession, including duplicate copies of data.
• The data used to create an account – Name, Email Address will be retained for a period of 1 Year/ 365 Days.
• The Purchase History of the account that’s deleted will be retained for a period of 1 Year/ 365 Days.
• Website visitor data will be retained as long as necessary to provide the service requested/initiated through the Garden Cartoon website.
• Contributor data will be retained for the year in which the individual has contributed and then for 1 Year after the date of the last contribution. Financial information will not be retained longer than is necessary to process a single transaction.
• Program participant data (including sign in sheets) will be retained for the duration of the grant agreement that financed the program plus any additional time required under the terms of the grant agreement.
Data destruction ensures that Garden Productions LLC manages the data it controls and processes it in an efficient and responsible manner.
When the retention period for the data as outlined above expires, Garden Productions LLC will actively destroy the data covered by this policy. If an individual believes that there exists a legitimate business reason why certain data should not be destroyed at the end of a retention period, he or she should identify this data to Garden Productions LLC and provide information as to why the data should not be destroyed. Any exceptions to this data retention policy must be approved by Garden Productions LLC’s data protection offer in consultation with legal counsel. In rare circumstances, a litigation hold may be issued by legal counsel prohibiting the destruction of certain documents. A litigation hold remains in effect until released by legal counsel and prohibits the destruction of data subject to the hold.